Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How lucky I am (#1320)

Inside me deep down I feel this about myself. Despite all the different outcomes that have abutted my hopes and dreams, I still realize the bigger picture. I get to make those hopes and dreams a possibility. The uniqueness of being a human being and having all the sensory perceptions and ideas at my fingertips like I do is remarkable. Even before I realize something worthy of effort, I am grateful for having the ability to even realize. I have taken for granted my starting point, that is, I did not understand that as a human being I am gifted, like all other human beings, with the majesty of consideration. My mind can grasp panoramic and complex possibilities, and that is what I hope to do with all my time, yet I did not factor in that having this gift is of greater value than any consequence I may hope for. So what I have come to know is a peace and solemnity that I had not rationalized, that I can do something is more important then any effect I cause. It is a liberating bit of knowledge with a huge impact on my hopes and dreams going forward. I continue to remain conscious of the future I hope and dream about but even more now, I am well satisfied just by the fact of having the opportunity that I may do these things. Having that knowledge frees me to abate any expectations as a measure of accomplishment or success. Having arrived back at the start of how my life should have begun is fulfilling, but also a bit regretful. I do wish I had come to appreciate just how awesome it is to be a human being. No other distinguishing trait or characteristic as to appearance or behavior will ever rival the fact that we are the most unique and special beings ever known to exist, all because we can hope and dream through thought and our sensory perceptions.

No comments: