Sunday, September 23, 2012

It is okay to make a mistake (#1332)

They should put this on my tombstone. lol. I have made enough of them in my time and certainly there will be more coming. What I have found is that by coming clean as soon as I find out I am in error I can move on with little disturbance. It is when I decide to ignore my mistake or try to gain from it is when I get in deep trouble. I never try intentionally to make mistakes but like all of us are victims of, we do unintentionally make mistakes quite a lot. It is a by-product of being a very complex human organism with masterful abilities. It is often difficult to keep up with all of our representations perfectly. In fact, by our own natures, which are full of emotional sidetracks, we compound our best intentions with our hopes, dreams, possibilities and our desire to have them come to fruition in a relatively short time frame. We are not relegated to a timeless existence, such that we can calmly create and maintain our vision. Instead we are thrust into chaotic mixes of many of us pulling at limited resources and relationships that easily allow for mistakes to flourish. Again, I don't intend to make mistakes but in my growing wisdom, I have learned how and why my mistakes come about. My ambitions in some areas of my life are still not quite controlled by myself in an orderly way. As I continue to learn this about myself and make adjustments for it I am finding that my mistakes are fewer but a consequence of the trial and error I experience is that I have lost time to achieve my initial purpose. Making mistakes and cleaning them up as quickly as possible is good but what is better is not wasting time making some mistakes that could have easily been avoided with the proper dedication to a perspective of self control regardless of an emotionally charged component.

No comments: