Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Russia and America, my two largest audiences (#1335)

I was born back when Russia and America were the two greatest threats to each other. All of my childhood and young adulthood consisted of wondering when we were going to go to war with each other, not if. Yet, as it has turned out we did not go to war with each other, instead we came to become civilized with each other and not warmongering. I know a lot of the tension was at the upper political and military levels, but those of us who are just average ordinary citizens were grouped in without us having much say. Time has changed that and now we average ordinary citizens have a genre where we can substantially hold our political and military leaders much more accountable when it comes to brinkmanship. We ordinary citizens on the opposite side of the world can also communicate with each other like never before. What do we find when we have that ability to communicate? That we are far more similar in our principles, hopes and dreams than we were ever led to believe. I say all of this in response to what I track as who actually reads my blogs. Russia is my largest audience followed by America. it is not surprising to me since I know that as humans we are similar and mindful of it. Allowed to express and think like humans and not just nationalities, we begin to understand and accept that we truly are all connected and the same, just living in different geographical locations under different societal guidelines. Furthermore, knowing the fact that we can sense and think is universal among us all, makes raising those qualities up for all of us to have opportunity knows no boundaries. 

No comments: