Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Keeping our minds clear (#1538)

There are so many distractions around us even including ourselves. Yes, we have a consistent way of putting confusion in front of ourselves. It is nothing unnatural, more the paradigm of of trial and error, but it does inhibit us at times from staying focused on what is clearly in front of us. Our emotions play a large role in confusing us as well as our expectation that honorable bonds will be kept. Unfortunately, our emotions are volatile and honorable bonds seem to be broken rather easily. However, such things are just expectations of some reality we hope to attain, they are not the real reality we are actually living in. Keeping our focus on the actual facts of our lives is more important than we normally give priority toward. With my own self I have often neglected my needs and wants in the present to attain some hoped for gain in the future. That has not worked out well for me since my expectations always involved what others would do. I should have known that while I have expectations so do others and their expectations usually outweighed mine. What I have come to know is that life is lived here in the present and for me to be awake and keen to that dynamic is my best opportunity for living a fulfilled life instead of one based on future expectations. I won't give up on planning future scenarios but I don't put all my efforts into them to the neglect of what I am doing in the present. As I keep my mind clear of those pesky desires that surely are more illusion than reality, I find that simply moving from one breath to the next is the most rewarding strategy.

No comments: