Friday, April 12, 2013

My passion and my acceptance (#1533)

I have learned that accepting things for what they are (acceptance) and changing them where I can (my passion) are exclusive to each other. I can differentiate between the two with just a little bit of thought almost every time. lol. I say almost since I will always be an obsessive, even about things I cannot change. However, with some maturity I have come to realize that despite being able to change a thing to the better, I can still accept it for what it is and use an overall longer strategy to try to find a way to change that something to the better, not my better but accepted better through societal objectivity. My passion stirs beneath the surface with me more now than at any time in my life. It used to be my passion was on my sleeve for all to see. I have channeled that zealotry to more tangible methods and left behind the emotional outbursts I previously employed. The closer I get to being a metaphorical smooth running noiseless machine the far more effective I become. That I have found acceptance as more a tool than a resignation is also significant. I know myself to be a forward moving entity and for that there is no substitute so it is important for me to find solutions to impossibilities, even when the solution requires me to do nothing at the moment. Guys and gals like me are the ones who struggle mightily with irrationality as an outcome and we often fight against the wisdom of convention to no avail. What I have eventually learned is that my passion and vigor for just and good is a long game and not a short one, to use a sporting term. In time with the proper flow of my energy toward the better and best outcomes, the chances increase for that to happen. Steady is my course but do not be fooled into thinking my passion is not there, it is simmering and boiling just below the detectable surface of my skin. 

No comments: