Sunday, April 14, 2013

The truth of a thing is liberating (#1535)

So much of what we have to do in life is centered on finessing or manipulating the truth so as to not create waves with people who are adamantly opposed to what the hard of a truth reveals. It is a survival mechanism of sorts for most of us, me included. However, when the dust settles on most of my situations, I find that if the truth of thing had been revealed at the beginning, much more confusion and cowardice would have been prevented. I say cowardice because many times for me it is easier sometimes to shirk the truth to avoid a confrontation I have imagined in  my own mind. What I find out later is that what I think will happen rarely does. In some cases the truth is uncomfortable and contentious but in order for me to find the best satisfactory outcome, the truth needs to be front and center. It is also a character building process telling the truth. I have come to rely on it as a source of my inspiration for living a good life with strengthening ambitions to advocate for better. A purposeful adjunct to why I exist. I make no mistakes in thinking I am something more than I am, but neither do I make mistakes about thinking I am less than I am as well. The truth keeps me even keeled and it provides me with a record of my own history that if applied to honorable principles more often than not is worthy of note. I suppose that truth telling is a tool for me that allows me to be me without having to doubt my intent. The me I want to be is always better in thought so I must continue to tell the truth so that my actions keep pace. I say truth telling is liberating and that is because in freeing myself to be honest, I share my truth with others so that they can then choose to do with my truth in a way that is at least honest from me. 

No comments: