Friday, September 13, 2013

Another perfect day (#1687)

I woke up this morning and I realize once again that I get to think and move and actually do some things. The fact that I opened my eyes and took in the thought that another day is upon me is why it is perfect. I have had a lot of time over the past few days to reflect on those who are no longer with us here in existence. How would they describe the idea that they had one more day to be here? I am sure the word perfect would be one of many. I do take for granted each day I live when I don't start out my morning with a grateful heart that this body of mine still desires and has the wherewithal to live. I take for granted that our Earth supplies us with the essentials of life and I need to do more to protect her. I take too many things for granted when I don't remember those who came before me and after me who are no longer here to enjoy that first dawning of consciousness upon waking. Today is another perfect day regardless of what happens in the rest of it. Surely I will fight hard to make sure that no harm comes to we species who inhabit our planet to the best of my meager ability and I will not stop trying to change things that are understandably wrong through logic and actionable behavior. I will also keep my mind open to the special circumstances our community of people and other species gifts us with and most of all I will try to be the example of how we should live, everyone of us.

No comments: