Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering those who have passed (#1685)

Today is an appropriate day to stop for a moment and think about those who have left our lives either naturally or prematurely. There are so many memories for me since I was raised in a large family that spent a lot of time together. With the advent of our more modern society, I spend less time with family than before but those memories of us together still bring a smile to my face and a painful remembrance of those no longer with us. Especially from my childhood do I have fond and hilarious moments to reflect on. Some of the foolish ideas and actions we exhibited that were far more silly than ridiculous. That is what most rekindles my soul is the idea that we could and did have such fun together when we had the chance. Not a lot of wasted time being apart but a lot of time together finding common ground and the most fun we could. I also remember my elders who were less fun but more introspective about life and how our society operates. What I had learned back then was more revealing to me now than then but that is the nature of my youth anyway. I had less time to be a deep thinker about how life operated and more time to go out and explore our society and see for myself how it operated. yet what I learned from my elders is that trusting my internal compass about right and wrong would always be my salvation from the difficult temptations life can serve up to us. I have also lost cousins and siblings which have effected me deeply in that mortality is an ever clear reality like nothing ever before. I could not have imagined how I would feel not having those who grew up with me no longer around but when I do remember them I am smiling from my heart.

No comments: