Friday, September 27, 2013

Resignation and acceptance (#1701)

I know this feeling I get when I see I can do nothing to change something that is not right. It is a hollow deflating experience when we all see that something is wrong but know that the effort to change it has been stolen from us because of the obstruction placed in our lives. We know we will pay dearly for trying with little hope of succeeding. Yet some of us do stick our necks out and take the hit anyway because in our hearts we cannot bear letting another injustice crush our soul without taking a stand. Every time I end up resigning and accepting policies or paradigms that need to change I am also enabling those same policies and paradigms to remain. So it goes, I pick my fights where I can and I spend the rest of my time plotting out how to be more effective the next time dishonor thrusts itself into my life. I titled this post resignation and acceptance because that is what most of us do when we see we will pay a cost we are unwilling to accept. Our principles be damned when we are forced to pay a price. Yet that isn't always the case but more so than not. Resignation and acceptance has been for many of us, our answer for most of our lives because we have beaten down from the beginning of our lives when we did initially step out into the line of fire. We all want a better world but others have always been there to make us pay for our wanting. The cycle must end some time soon since we are all getting smarter and wiser and the old dogmas of the past carry less and less weight with our ever growing idealism for enlightenment. 

No comments: