Monday, September 16, 2013

Speaking freely (#1690)

It is everyone's right to speak what is on their mind. I like to keep my opinions clearly as opinions and not fact so that when I do speak it is well understood that this is my world view and not everyone's world view. That at times most would agree is based on the emotional facts of things and not just the emotion. I find that when I try my best to humble myself in all things that I am right on subjects more often than not. It is not easy to be humble as we all know but finding a way to be humble despite ourselves is truly a great gift. I am writing about this subject this morning because one or more people think that I am being an arrogant ass or a poseur. I can't help but think that maybe I am one or both because I don't ever want to offend anyone. Yet when I look at what they use as an example I don't see where they get it. I am just expressing my viewpoint with as much passion as I would for anything else that matters. So instead of changing my approach to understanding logic I am changing my understanding that I can't please everyone all the time no matter how hard I intentionally try. I am not one who can see every point of view and so therefore I don't have the perfect clarity of objectivity, yet unless I am pointed in another direction that I have not been aware of it is difficult for me take their criticism seriously. It is like someone telling me not to do something that makes perfect sense and them not telling me why or how to do it better. I know I will always fall short of what is the best out in this world but striving to get there is never going to be a failing with me.

No comments: