Friday, July 7, 2017

The fighting spirit of resistance (#3080)

     "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"-FDR, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHFTtz3uucY. This is the way it is today in 2017, not just back in 1933. We have a bully type who shows no courage in the White House who would stifle our speech when it criticizes him. He has directly and indirectly threatened those who would call our his shame for all to see. Well this can have a dispiriting effect on the general populace since we have little to fight back with or defend ourselves with when power is put up against us. So many of us turn our heads and let the bully use his threatening bombast. But there are still those of us who put no stock in turning away and letting the hollow bully have his way. I have little but what I do have is what counts when adding up the cost of my own thoughts and actions.
     What is more priceless to me is the ideal set forth by the courageous American patriot Nathan Hale, "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country", I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.. This is where courage to stand up and be accountable begins. This is still our America, and despite the way trump and his acolytes got elected, whether through hook or crook, we will not waver in our resistance to him and them. They have shown that they are not going to protect nor enhance solutions for the working middle poor class so what good are they then to us? Nothing comes to mind so ignoring them and being afraid of them is not the choice to make.
     So it comes down to this, let the fear of reprisal diminish and increase the courage of resistance. In our own ways we can make the term of trumps as hard and rocky as possible. I will not let America become a wasteland but on my own it is impossible. More of us have to remember the great courage our forefathers and mothers displayed back when challenges confronted them. We have the same opportunity now as the trumps are dead certain that many of us are not worthy of their concern. Well we have to make them feel that they are not worthy of our concern and no amount of threats from a cowardly bully will dissuade us from our intent to correct the mistake that is trumps.

No comments: