Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting over my expectations (#360)

Once again, circumstances in my life are cyclical. The same expectations that have come to me in the past have made their way to me again. When will this cycle of expectations end? Hopefully when I am ready to absolutely admit that I have no control, let me repeat, no control over nature or other human beings. I can call a truth a truth or a lie a lie but what becomes of these situations is up to forces and factors that are beyond me. My strong-headed nature is stubbornly diminishing but is still an outcome I have to recognize and thwart. I am my worst natural critic yet without my critical analysis of myself there is no one else as good at it except me. Therefore I must continue to reason my thoughts and actions through the prism I know to be true. Anything less would be dishonest to my way of thinking. If I hold myself to a high standard it is because I know that only at a high standard can I be as effective as I need to be just to have a chance to influence an outcome. I only have so many battles left in me to fight and fighting battles to better humanity has become my calling. I must remain vigilant and stalwart in the areas that I can be most effective. Writing about them is one avenue I can travel and highlight in my quest to bring compassion and curiosity to the forefront of human existence.

No comments: