Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The power of focus (#362)

I find that my life is much more enjoyable when I am able to maintain my focus on whatever I am immediately doing. The random daydreaming I was prone to previously left my focus unattended with what I was doing. I appreciate the logic of a job well done mindset. Whether work or personal happenings, my focus is necessary for me to feel a sense of purpose in accomplishing whatever I am attempting. I am not smart enough to be able to while away time while also performing a task at maximum efficiency. I must attend to the task with all my focus so as to not slip in any area of the task's process. When my focus is vigilant, I also feel a sense of command over the project I am involved with. My knowledge of the details and the inner workings of the task have an insight I can only gain by being totally focused on the whole process of the task. Focus is an action I can control if I have the ambition to consider focus as a principle worthy to live by. As any of the right principles for living, focus is an action I can inculcate into my daily life. I am human and I will by that fact make mistakes, however with the aid of focus the mistakes that I make won't be due to neglect or intent. My capabilities and talent will take me so far with the aid of focus but I am not a genius or a perfect being so I must recognize that my life is made better than worse with a concentration on focus with my tasks.

No comments: