Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happiness as a strategy (#354)

It is up to me whether I choose to be happy or not in most every situation. Naturally circumstances dictate my emotional feelings and expressions, but otherwise I can choose my form of emotional expression. I can decide how I want to look at this gift of life I have been given and chose which way I prefer to navigate my outlook. I can just decide to be happy to start my day as any other feeling I may decide to use. My emotional expressions are predicated on the fact that they are mine, only mine and I am the arbiter of how they will be expressed. When I was a child and selfish, as a rule, I used to manipulate my expressions of emotion to advance whatever agenda I was forwarding at that moment. Given that I had that ability even at a young age, the thought that I would still be able to manipulate my emotions now seem quite plausible. I can choose the path of my destiny each day by allowing myself to be expressed according to my wishes and not just leave them to the whim of serendipity. A healthy outlook based upon being selfless is my chosen way. It works for me because I have such a big heart about life being fair and just to all. My expressions of emotions today indicate that.

No comments: