Thursday, January 28, 2010

I doth protest too much (#363)

My imagination is really not in tune with reality, when it comes to my expectations of what reality will be like. I find that my imagination of reality is way overblown as to what reality eventually is. It is dramatic the way my mind perceives what will be instead of the plain ordinary occurrences I should know to expect. I guess I still think that the world revolves around me instead of the other way around. I am one who would say that I am not special when measured against other human beings, it just seems that I forget, at times, that although I am a special human being, so is everyone else. We all have hopes and dreams that others will see the wonders of who we are and appreciate them like we do to ourselves. In this world our specialness is often overlooked and we often feel slighted. It isn't because we deserve to be slighted it is because we are usually not the considered focus by others. I am still searching for the correct formula to live by that takes my own confidence in myself and keeps me even keeled about my sensitivities. I have to continue to do for others to help others as a necessary process to keep me on the right train of thought about my unique niche in this existence and move beyond the need to be told or lead to believe that I am valid.

No comments: