Saturday, January 16, 2010

Life is the journey not the destination (#351)

I am often reminded by my anticipation and associated emotions of the fact that it is the journey and not the arrival at some point that matters. There have been some arrivals that are special and are noted for that but in most instances life's circumstances are best when the moment by moment of living them is experienced. The lessons that are exposed along the way are the realities that matter. The moment by moment frames of time are the make-up of what we are able to be a part of and shape into what eventually is used to define and describe us. The journey is life and the outcomes are just an extension of our lives. I am also advocating setting goals and achieving goals but it is in the process and action necessary to achieve set goals that we should pay attention to and enjoy. My day is full of moments that catch me by surprise because I don't let my moments slip by me without an acknowledgement of them. Too often it is the simple and inconsequential things that happen in my life that seem to be the greatest moments I end up having. Nothing is unimportant, everything is of value. It is sometimes difficult to focus my attention on the now and present when so many things are happening with all the possibilities that are available. But when I am in the moment with all things as they happen I find that my life is more under control and outcomes are more likely to be agreeable with me.

No comments: