Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The presentation of myself (#348)

I was talking with my mother yesterday and in our conversation I was reminded once again about how I am able to present whatever action I want despite the circumstance. In other words, I can choose to reflect a selfless attitude or something not as noble. It is my choice. It is interesting that I think like this. I know maturity and some philosophical training has opened my eyes to the complexities in life that I used to not think, or didn't care about. My old behaviour would have been to knee-jerk out a response that only reflected some advantage to me regardless of subject of the circumstance. I was selfish and wanted me as the main point of all my encounters. Today that old behaviour is like a lifetime ago. It is in my thinking, the early formative years of how I am becoming each new day. More and more selfless. All things in life today work toward my presentation of myself. It is when I am reflected out for all to see, without pre-thought, and I am who I am hoping to be, is when I know that I am on the right track in my growth. The reflection of who I am is not a goal it is a manifestation of what is going on in my life. It is the record of who I am becoming and what I am doing to make that happen. This may sound a bit confusing, but how I present the actions in my life reflect the inner principles I am hoping to achieve.

No comments: