Friday, January 29, 2010

The search for the best good (#364)

If you read the title of this post you now know the purpose for which I continue to quest for. I have no other reason for living. I must search for the best in all the things I recognize because that is my impulse. This inherent instinct within me directs my thoughts and emotions. I am a willing contributor to this search for the best because it signifies everything that I hold valuable. I have allowed myself to choose the greatest phenomena I know; that being good. I have all my better and best moments, I'll write it again, ALL my better and best moments when I am experiencing good. I am often told that I strive too hard to be good or to be the best I can be. This type of sentiment, though meant as an endearment, is incorrect in it's presumption. It isn't the arrival at some form of good or best that is my ultimate purpose, instead it is in the striving, the striving to achieve an ultimate good or best. The outcome is beyond my ability to control, however the striving to achieve an ultimate good or best is in my ability to achieve. I can dictate the effort I put into any activity based upon my focus and determination. It is the search that is my satisfaction, the end result will be left up to forces I am not able to create.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Son, What a wonderful stsement so true and something Ive known for a long time so glad you you too,love your blogs Mom