Friday, November 5, 2010

Another day in this paradise (#644)

Once again I get the privilege of waking up from my overnight sleep. The process of falling asleep and shutting down is natural to me now. I do not take it for granted however, but I accept it's reality. That is how precious I find the gift of life. I do not want to waste any of it. The sleeping part has had me worried in the past. I was not sure I would awaken every time I did sleep. I suppose it is why I feel such a lift or gratitude for having another day. I have seen how existence has dealt with all of life and I know the fragility we all share in maintaining our lives. The fact that we live only a finite time has me on edge about how I am to live my life. I feel anxious at times. Like I am not accomplishing all the things I wish to do while I can. It is a nervousness of not fulfilling. I always come back to the fact that I am fortunate to be me and all of what that is. I am also fortunate to live on this planet where resources are available to supplement my existence. The natural wonder of things help as well. I have not been given some purpose that makes me necessary to life, this much I know. I do though feel a sense of giving of myself unto the world what I can perceive as helpful. This does give me some sense of satisfaction and renewal within my soul. There is nothing great within me struggling to get out but what there is within me I am trying to expose to the light of day for anyone to see. I am not ashamed or embarrassed by who or what I am. This allows me to reflect back out to others what good I find within myself. Hopefully our paradise will be that much better because I am not trying to diminish it rather I am trying to enhance it.

No comments: