Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Growth beyond stereotypical expectations (#641)

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why...I dream of things that never were and ask why not."-Robert F. Kennedy. This quote has stuck with me as much as any quote ever has. In it is the hope of mankind. It is all about growth from where we are to where we could be. I have found out something about myself that has proven a truism. I am relentless about moving forward with possibilities. I too find what is, unacceptable, when I foresee better. I am not comfortable with the status quo when I see the effect has less than desirable consequences. I am not one who can be complacent. It is truly magnificent to be able to know who I am and continue to allow myself to be who I am. Being uncomfortable keeps me on my toes and focused on the greater prize our society hopes to envision for the future. I can never say this enough times, life is too short and any wasted moments are just regrets waiting to happen. The growth that I, am still and always will, go through is the by-product of me learning and being open to ideas that have logical reasoning to them. It is difficult at times to know what thinking or ideas to accept. However the fact of difficulty only challenges me to overcome. When things are difficult, I am motivated even more since in the overcoming of the difficult I find great satisfaction and insight. The "hard" is where knowledge has the best chance of becoming reality instead of just some ideal. I am not on this planet for just sensation experience, ie... see, hear, smell, taste and touch. I am here to expand my mind into thoughts and facts that enhance reality, not to just visit reality. Not everyone thinks the way I do about purpose and what each of us do in existence. I do know what I need to do and I am well into doing that very thing.

No comments: