Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Growth despite myself (#669)

I will change no matter what happens. Time is continual as well as my growth. I do have a choice in how I grow, it is up to me to recognize and act upon how the growth will manifest itself. The story of the frog who when placed into the kettle with hot water in it, will jump right back out. But when the the frog is placed in the kettle with luke-warm water, it will stay there even when the water is slowly heated to a boil, thus allowing itself to be killed when all it had to do was jump out. Such is the same for us. We will react immediately to imminent danger but when the danger slowly creeps up on us we usually do not see it until it is too late. That is what will happen to me if I am not choosing or directing the course of my own change. I need to do my own evaluations of who I am and where I want to be. If left up to others I will only be a tool for them to use or if left to no one I will end up being something other than what I could plan for. Everything around us is in a state of change except some who chose to see the world only one way, despite the fact that they are changing regardless. It is unfortunate for them since life has given every indication possible that nothing stays the same. It always comes back to fear when change is denied or ignored. It is not our nature to shrink from life but to advance into it. I am always happy when I wake up into a new day. I am constantly reminded that while I was sleeping the whole world changed around me. Of course, familiarity of some things make us wish that things would never change especially the better and best principles of our society. However how those principles are administered changes and that is how we keep adapting to our ever changing world.

No comments: