Thursday, November 11, 2010

How do we see our future? (#650)

If I could have everyone write what they see our future as, I am certain we would see more things in common than we suspect. Possibly a society that has opportunities for all to be productive and contributive. What is the purpose other than to maintain order and offer fun as recreation? I would hope that doing space exploration would be our greatest curiosity in this reality. I am only talking about this reality, that is while we are alive. The one great unknown that is all around us is the space we are contained in. What is it? How far out does it go? What can be found out there that is awaiting our discovery? Certainly, bringing order and common purpose to our society, on whole, is the first step, but while we are working on that step we can also continue to expand our capabilities toward space exploration. A new and exciting future exists outside the areas of our known understandings. Some may be fearful and that is to be expected. No one lives in this existence without a dose of fear concerning the unknown. But traditionally we have been able to unlock our courage enough to defy our fear and step into the unknown. I always try to look at life as a great adventure with untold stories just waiting to be revealed. As a human being, I am comprised of the nature of curiosity. It is a destiny within me waiting to be used. The mere fact that life has offered us incomplete knowledge and the mind and will to try and complete that knowledge, is proof to me that my future is still yet out there, bigger and greater than the present I have now. That is my view, what is yours?

No comments: