Saturday, November 20, 2010

Introspection as a guide in life (#659)

Who am I? What is it to be me? Examining my life and what matters to me is how I find out. I need to spend time just within me. Meditating and remembering on the thoughts I have motivation for. Why do I do what I do? I have more questions but these will do for today's subject. I find that when I talk to myself in an ordinary way I get to the deeper meanings of my actions. I know that some years ago I would have been considered nuts for having a conversation with myself. Maybe still today that is true, I am not absolutely sure. But I do know this, that when I question myself logically and analytically I get results that are discoverable just below the surface. Thoughts that have gone unnoticed until I brought them out. I see questioning myself as a form of self-examination. A clinical process to look at all the little details that help me understand myself. I may seem to be talking in circles and if I am I will assure you that there is a straight line logical sequence to what I am trying to convey. My point is that I move through decisions exclusively to my detriment if I don't stop to know why. I am not infallible, things I do have consequences, and as such reflect back on me. If and when I react either to my instinct, intellect or common sense, because of time constraints, I hope that it will be because I have looked into my motivations as a whole and trust my principles that I am acting in the best of mine and others' interests. If I am acting upon instinct, intellect and common sense, without time constraint, I have a greater chance of developing my introspection as a guide and the result should be one or many that I am rightly purposeful about.

No comments: