Monday, November 8, 2010

A new paradigm in our society (#647)

I have heard the phrases "take our country back" and "I want things the way they used to be". I understand the sentiment. For me, what those phrases mean is, I want things the way they were when life seemed simpler and more understandable. I also wish I could have things the way they were when I was comfortable in life and there seemed to be less conflict and chaos. What I do know however is that the past is not coming back. Just like those who were close to me and died are not coming back either. I also know that what seemed like simpler times were just times where the whole truth was shielded from me. As much as I remember the good of days gone by I must also understand the bad that I was not privy to. When seen in an overall perspective through the lens of time I now understand that we have progressed forward from those days, and these days, however confusing, are still an improvement on the past. I, to this day, will always try to keep the good, moving forward, from the past but I will never try to keep the bad. As we continue to evolve, both in science and thought processes, the past and it's simpler times also begin to fade. Our destiny is out in front of us, not so much behind us. We need the past to remind of us where we have been but we need the future even more to give us vision as to where we hope to be. All of us live in the present and that is where we should spend most of our time. Not only living but thinking about the present as well. But the present is just a moment in time and having a destination to look forward to, into the future, is where we should set our sights.

No comments: