Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Courage on display, patriotism for truth (#1376)

It is curious how courage can manifest itself. I know I don't have the final results yet but I can already feel it's empowering effect. Today's election will take place today and already tens of millions have already voted for the candidate that didn't have most of the, money and lies, on his side. You may very well say hey, when someone lies it is easy to vote against them. In most cases that is true but when vast amounts of money are used to obfuscate or camouflage the truth, it is not always simple to distinguish truth. Especially when the messenger is subtly and deliberately adept at delivering the lies. What has been truly remarkable, and I say this from past experience, is that when a convincing illusion is spread with an abundance of money behind it, the illusion usually prevails. The truth gets muddled and lost in all the manipulations around it. I fully expected the same scenario to play out but it didn't. I know I am premature in my expected analysis, but in my soul and my gut, I feel like we have triumphed over the past status quo and have allowed for the truth to overcome both, money and lies. How were we able to do this overcoming? In my mind we mostly did it through the Internet. The inter-connectivity we now have through this medium, throughout the whole world, is amazing and judicious. We can be far more elaborate in our new method of communication with our understandings in simple and complex ways that have never been possible before. The real time logical fact checking and references with citations has made revealing lies and false claims as simple as writing a short note. I say courage on display to recognize all of us who have given of ourselves to promote truth over lies when it comes to our national reputation and the health of our country. Patriots all!

No comments: