Friday, November 9, 2012

Keep moving forward (#1379)

What is fascinating is that my future is being defined right now by how I live my present. Everything I do right now is shaping how my future will be. I know that external forces play a major role in my future and in most of those external forces I have no control whatsoever. Knowing that however, gives me the opportunity to choose how I will live in the present, which then translates to my future regardless of events outside my control. What I have found to be most helpful is the notion that I understand what has happened in the past but I don't look backwards for my guidance, I continue to look forward toward my goals. Life really is all about whether we choose to be positive or negative about our futures. I cannot continue to advance forward when the past keeps harping in my ear the older and getting old ideals that have less to do with progress and more to do with restriction. I am not living in a bubble or isolated from reality. I have as a duty to this existence to remain cogent and logical about what is going on around me, not just in my limited sphere but in all areas of human survival. I have said this before and I will say it here again, all of us are individual data collectors and information is the means we use to fulfill our curiosities. I will not blunt my natural inclination to know by abdicating my reason over to a finite set of principles based in myth and superstition. I owe myself and my fellow human being species' the best of my ability to data collect and then the process of reason, analysis and conclusion.

No comments: