Friday, January 24, 2014

The magic within each of us (#1820)

When my heart cries tears of joy is when I know that life in this existence is wholly magical. I don't have to care about anything at all if I choose not to, however that would be against my very nature. I feel life and it's ever present struggles. I wish I could wave a magic wand and end all suffering but that isn't the type of magic I have within me. Instead the magic we all have is that we care about what touches our souls. Why do some acts of kindness make us weep for joy when we see them and why is it we know in that moment that the good in life is all that life should be about. It is because that deep down within all of us is the thought that first blossomed in our minds as young children, the opportunity for a magical life is all around us. Over time that simple thought has been abused and tormented by the worst of our natures but always within me it continues to exist. I won't give up on the idea that life should have no negative disposition that cannot be rectified. I know I cannot make this reality into a perfect reality but I can think and act in ways that advance the beauty and wonder in life. I know how these paradigms effect me. Beauty and wonder capture me utterly when they are experienced and always, every time, leave me with me wanting more. I have seen enough of the desperate desolation we now accept as the status quo, but I don't accept that. There are too many moments of sheer joy out there that are being subdued by some who cannot find their hearts no matter what logic or common sense map is available to guide them. All I know for sure is that the magic in my life is alive and well and is fulfilled when some circumstance reminds me just how beautiful and wonder filled humanity can be.

No comments: