Sunday, March 9, 2014

The hardest thing in life (#1864)

The hardest thing in my life has been to experience loss of life. My heart still breaks and tears well up in my eyes when certain lives are remembered. It is so hard to find ones who are willing to share life with you and give you unconditional love as a free gift. The longer I live the more I will experience this hardest thing in life. I have been blessed with friendships and family that have inspired me to be who I am because of the precious examples they have set. If one needs to wonder how I am structured with respect to my principles look no further than the outcome of beauty and wisdom that have been shared with me. Is there any wonder why I fight so hard to keep them in my thoughts and their motivations as my catalyst for action? I am the sum of those who have gone on before me along with my own sense of care and wonder. I have often said here in this blog that life is not about personal aggrandizement, it is about communal aggrandizement and that is my impetus for living. Nothing more is required for me. Think about that. The love we have within us cannot logically be given to ourselves, it must be given to others. For that love to have any significant effect, it must be real, so that the ones receiving it know it's validity. The only way I know for sure how to give love to others is to remember how love was given to me and pass that along the same way. This is so hard to write for me because I am experiencing the emotion it is bringing out in me. I should also remember that I have been loved and shared life with some amazing souls. That they are gone is not as unhappy with me now because I do get to remember them and what they gifted to me.

No comments: