Sunday, November 19, 2017

A day of rest from the political nightmare (#3215)

     Today is Sunday so there isn't much news out there today that is groundbreaking. So maybe it is time after so many months of railing against republicans to just sit back and enjoy the fruits of being a good democratic person. Over the last few days some good things have happened and I would like to think of them instead of the dispiriting agenda of the trump republican party. I got some things done around the house that had been sticking in my craw because of their complexity. Yet through perseverance and a willingness to think outside the box I found that I have solved them. There was even a longstanding issue with my truck that found resolution and for me a relief since I worry about things that will have an effect on me well before they come due.
     Also some family matters have found some enlightenment as well. It is good to be someone who is looked upon as a good example and then sought out for advice when appropriate. I don't know what the future will bring, but at least the path toward it is defined and clear. The major obstacles in my life as it is today all have avenues of pursuit and that is all I can ask of life is to have an opportunity or two to make my life better. It is on me whatever life throws at me so I had better be catty on my feet to avoid being hit smack dab where it hurts. I am also finding that the things I enjoy are actually still enjoyable and that helps me along in life when the things I don't enjoy come flooding in. Yet I am still on top of things in my life and that is worth acknowledging.
     So although today's post is of little significance to anyone else very much it is to me and I am the one I began writing this blog post for. I wanted to speak out about what was right and wrong with the world and although this last year has been inexorably intolerable I can take solace in the fact that I am fighting with all that I have against the trumps and their sycophant accomplices. But again today is a day to remember that I have still the goodness of heart I began my life with and that is a constant in my life despite my railing and ranting at those who don't, especially here at home in America. I am rooting for us today on the sidelines but tomorrow I will be back on the front lines calling it like I see it without a fear of reprisal or admonition. I am not afraid of the bad in the world because I am much more overjoyed by the good that destroys it.

No comments: