Friday, November 10, 2017

The republican new normal, mean, nasty and brutish (#3206)

     With trump as president after learning all his nasty and mean behavior it is no wonder that a man like roy moore can feel comfortable running for senate with a cloud of child sex allegations hanging over him. It is like it is just a minor distraction in his overall considerations and the considerations of republican voters. The new normal folks where indecency, adultery and even hints of incest are not enough to sway a republican voter, unless of course it is a democrat who is doing it. Protect their own is the republican priority even if their own is the most vile of who we humans are. I had never considered that lowering the bar below a snake's ass would still be acceptable and actually happily acceptable to any political party. But it seems I have been schooled otherwise by the republican party.
     Over the last few years I have unfriended and disassociated myself from all persons who defend the republican party. Many have criticised me for this and even now I will not attend any family function that has a practicing republican involved in it. I look at it this way, I am the only thing I can control somewhat so my presence anywhere I can voluntarily go must always be tempered with do I let those who would destroy our democracy the privilege of being around me. It may sound presumptuous of me to think I am special but in light of them being republican voters I am heads and shoulders above their morality, intellect and human kindness. So I stay away since that is what I can do to punish them for punishing everyone else with their votes.
     I am saddened that many that I know are still republicans even though the facts of the republican party's agenda are crystal clear. The family and friends who cannot nor will not disassociate themselves from their previous allegiance to republicanism are now persona non grata with me. I refuse to live and accept a world where racism, misogyny and hatred are the new normals. The primitiveness of mindless actions are not the way forward. We are an enlightened species regardless of the singular role republicans are playing to change that. The death of the mean, nasty and brutish is coming and the sooner the better. The era of republican domination over our politics is on the horizon and those who will not accept that will be crushed by the heel of history as we march forward into our enlightened future.

No comments: