Sunday, March 20, 2011

Embrace your passion (#779)

I don't give into that old behavior that used to dictate to me what is appropriate to feel or express anymore. As an example, "I am a man and as such should not let emotion factor into how I reflect myself out to the world". That old mindset we were fed as youngsters was a machismo of illusion. No one I ever met could live up to that persona. We are all human and as such victims or victors of our emotions at different times. It is natural to feel despair and it is natural to feel joy. Neither can be regulated to have no bearing on us. This is why I say embrace your passion, in whatever form it appears, since it is you and what you are experiencing. There is no blueprint for how we handle what we experience. It is new to us and constantly happening until the day we are here no more. Never again will I let someone tell me not to be who I am. My experiences with the five senses I have been given are mine and mine alone. What I do with them of course is beyond me and requires some sensitivity on my part. Nonetheless, I will not hide nor disavow their reality from myself. None of us are mutually exclusive from each other. Life in this existence has taught me that we are inter-dependent. As such I must be wise in how I display my passions for circumstances but being wise does not mean to be in denial of my passions. It just means that there are appropriate moments for displaying them. As I continue in life and learn more about humanity and what it is that is at the heart of our species, I know for certain that every bit of who we are is important and should not be delegated to some lesser status by Dogma or Mores. As much as we need each other we should wisely adapt our individualness and our inherent self as much as needed without subjugating our passions and senses to some illusionary man-made construct.

No comments: