Sunday, March 6, 2011

Life is too short (#765)

The beauty of having a little bit of wisdom is that every now and then I get a chance to use it. It also gives me a chance to hear my own words and thoughts within a real life situation. It is important to remain objective but to also not sugar coat the point I am making. The quicker we get to solutions for troubles in our lives the better everyone else around us is, however it does require us to acceptable to the idea of an option for solution. It is eventually simple to recognize the correct solution for us. It is something we already knew but were fighting against doing. It is hard for us sometimes to crystallize our thoughts and emotions when we are caught up in them. We need to hear someone else formulate our troubles in ways that give us a different perspective, thus allowing us to see the trouble in a clear and understandable way. Our emotions are our greatest gift but at times our worst enemy. Just because love is felt for someone in a way that is earth-shattering does not make it it right to be in a relationship with that person. Love has to be equally felt and expressed in both trust and respect for a relationship to have a chance to work. Anything less is disjointed and less than worthy of either to be in. Life is too short for the head games that come with an unequal yoking. No yoke is preferable to an unequal one. The benefit of waiting to find the right kind of relationship is that when it does appear, you will be ready without the tie of some lesser contract with another. In my own personal case I have spent time alone outside a relationship so that if and when the time happens for me and another to feel the same love for each other I will be available as well as I hope she is as well. I have to trust in something outside of my own thinking in this regard or I will, like I have done in the past, create a relationship on the best I can expect or who is available and eventually destroy that and waste both our time while I am at it. Life is too short for that anymore!

No comments: