Wednesday, December 20, 2017

I would rather be writing fiction (#3246)

     I have a passion for reading spy novels with all the intrigue, romance and action but I cannot seem to find a way to do that and also stay up with keeping a record of how badly our democracy is being destroyed from within by the trumps and republicans. It seems all my waking hours are focused on keeping up with the despicable strategy they have to enrich themselves and disenfranchise the rest of us. It is absurd the era we are living in now and for that I have such ill will toward all that is republican. Whatever just desserts they get will trigger no empathy within me. They are foolish if they think they can bend the will of our nation toward their greedy selfish murderous agenda. Patrick Henry's stirring speech about "give me liberty or give me death" reminds me that we are greater than the threats to our democracy!
     So as plots for possible novels keep coming and going in my head I sigh and just move on to the next news of how our nation is responding to the continued onslaught of the republican disease. It is my part in life to be with those who are not as well opportune as myself. I don't come from any privilege or advantage except one important one, being white. However being white and poor is not much of an opportunity yet I tried to make the most of what I could. I have a conscience and because of that I could not join the ranks of those who would lie, cheat and steal as a way to enrich themselves. Instead I chose the path of educating myself as best I could. Learning how to think critically was always something I possessed so with that and unlocking new paradigms of perspective I forged a new enlightenment from my previously easily influenced, disconnected past.
     Yet here I am in the most ridiculous of realities trying to cope and brace against the ill of the trumps and the republican party. I cannot satisfy my own ambitions of freely writing about fantastical adventures with excitement and virtuous appeal. Instead I am forced by the wrong and painful reality of diagnosing and explaining the corrupt nature of an American republican political apparatus. By forced I mean it is my duty to put my nation first before myself. Not unlike Nathan Hale's last words of “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” but of course nowhere near his sacrifice. I just sit and think and then type what I know to be the truth of things without prejudice. It is the nature of my life during this era and eventually in less time ahead than behind we can begin to recover from this if we survive and I can then find the peace of mind to actually write the things I might very much enjoy.

No comments: