Thursday, December 7, 2017

Like with sports, it takes a team to accomplish great things (#3233)

     What the crowd who think they did it all and pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps fail to acknowledge is that everyone in our lives has helped get us to where we wanted to be. We didn't do it alone like the republican party likes to propagandize. What sports has shown us numerous times over and over is that the sum is greater than the parts. I watched a basketball game last night where the opposing team was heavily favored with many all star players going against a team without much accolade as to their individual abilities. Yet the team with the all stars was beaten fairly easily by the team of players who were arguably of lesser individual talent. The reason being is that the team that won had a cohesiveness to them that played as a team instead of individuals.
     My point is that by ourselves, from the day we are born until the day we die, we are part of something greater than ourselves. Now many teams of lesser talent that play teams of greater talent eventually do lose the game? Most all based upon statistics. That is mainly because the team with lesser talent couldn't find it within themselves to play as one unit instead of separate parts. This is life as I know it. When I was in school at the 8th grade level I was taking a pre algebra course. I couldn't wrap my head around how to find the solution for the closest values for x and y. Yet a friend of mine in the same class spent 5 minutes with me on it and as if a cloud had moved on and the sunshine burst through, I got it. I was barely getting a C in the class and after that 5 minutes with my friend I ended up getting straight A's for the year in that class.
     Which goes to show that I wasn't the brainiac I wanted to be without the help of someone who cared enough to explain to me in a very simple fashion I could relate toward. Now I will say that I have ambition and a will to perform and accomplish but without all the other helping hands along the way I would have gotten very little of what I have now both in material and understanding. I say this because this is why we need our society to work together for each other so that we can fill in the holes we all have in our lives as best we can. We humans are amazing but we are also vulnerable so together we can share our strengths while also girding up our weaknesses. We democrats want a society that works together for all of us with equality and fairness so why would you support those who don't. Let's win together or most likely we will lose separately!

No comments: