Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Becoming educated is the key to our enlightened future (#3364)

     All of us take different roads to get out of life what we hope is a the best of what life can be. Many times we settle for things at the time that later we find was not nearly enough for our overall wants and needs. Yet we keep that which we choose in our early adolescence despite knowing better. I suppose the familiar becomes better than the best to too many of us. I think about myself back when I was just mature enough to be an adult and the difference between me now and me then is the difference in my own enlightenment. Back then I was brash and cocksure about so many things given my limited knowledge. But now that I have gone on and received higher education and earned my degree I find that my not knowing was all too much not enough.
     Before becoming more learned I dismissed possibilities as mostly irrelevant. But now that I understand the significance of possibilities I am captured by their utility. What is possible is now as vast and panoramic as my little view of reality was stunted. There are very few rock hard truths in the world and the sooner all of us become aware of them the sooner we all can continue to expand the base of knowledge we humans have founded. We move past the myths, mores and mindless traditions of our past by accepting that knowledge is the key to understanding that which had us baffled in recent ancient times. We are a new breed of human who does not need pacification to shuttle us through life. We need challenge and possibility instead.
     None of us is a cookie cutter prototype of some past definition. We are each new and provocative in our approach to life. We understand that the ways of the past can be helpful but they are not the guide to our future. Our era of being is based in logic, research and discovery. We are now at the threshold of an era of science, math and biologics that has changed the dynamic of the human experience. Our innovations and creations from the elemental table to more complex reasonings has us near a future that is beyond our atmosphere and the space outside of it. What will come of us in the next centuries will not only have amazed our foreparents but even now me as I can see our species adapting to any and all challenges we face.

No comments: