Saturday, January 1, 2011

Time to put in more effort (#701)

It is a new year and a time for new focus. I say this because it is traditional to do so. However, I find that whenever I think I should put in new effort on something, any time is appropriate. Today is just one of those serendipitous days that new effort and new year are synonymous. Serendipitous because I remembered to think of it, lol. If there is one thing I have learned, it is that I can always try harder despite anything I think at the time. It is only my weariness that keeps me from being stronger of mind and body. An interesting fallacious insight I have about myself is that I think I know me. I do to some degree, through memory and likes and dislikes, but what my overall potential can be is still an unknown, even to me. These little moments of clarity help focus reality for me on the basic thought that I am, as yet, an unfinished product of humanity. Potentially, the most magnificent species to have come forth from this planet is still finding out it's parameters. Our minds are as yet unlocked to their potentials, our bodies are defying the laws of physics every day. It is as if we are still forming into our true identity. This is the overview more so than just the little incremental steps I can take for me to improve on what I am doing. There is always another plateau I can attain with no end in sight of plateaus above me. It really all boils down to how focused in thought and action do I want to be? Putting in more effort also requires me to be more efficient in how I categorize my thoughts. It is as if I am trying to slow down time. It is an illusion of course but the better I am at accomplishing goals the less time I am spending on the goals and the more time I have for other ideas and activities. I am capable of more than what I am doing now and right now I recognize that with acute clarity.

No comments: