Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I am more than a bleeding heart liberal, I am human! (#3407)

     Being a person who cares about others is not a bad thing. In fact it is being what we are as humans. So when some smart ass jerk republicans accuse me of being a bleeding heart liberal, I remember that it is they that have a problem expressing their emotions and they are the ones with the problem. Because we humans have compassion as a foundational trait and when others do not express their care they are either socio/psychopaths or are in a state of denial and repression. How can one live their life being a homosapien and not actually be human? It is a war of denial that cannot end well for the individual and those around that individual.
     We humans nurture our young and strive for love throughout our whole lives. What part does being compassionate do republicans not get? In fact how can any human who is not mentally deranged justify not caring for others? The stone cold attribute of hate seems to be the filter by which many republicans see the world. Yet, even republicans are human so why would they allow themselves the disservice of denying it? Do they think they won't be seen as tough enough? Well to me they are showing cowardice by not being who they are to justify some view they want others to have of them. Do they really think that "tough love" is the only path toward a righteous life? Well belief systems can do that to people, take what is good in life and twist it into something unrecognizable.
     Although I am human and respect the feelings I have because of my humanity, I find that I can be cruel to some who I find dishonor goodness. Yet even then I admonish myself and remember that if I allow myself to be like those who I disdain, I am not honorable myself. So it is a choice to live as a human being and if we don't choose to do that then we are the weak link in the human evolutionary chain. Life as a human is a gift to me and as such I treat that gift with humility and boldness. I bask in what it is to be human and am not ashamed to proclaim that nothing about being human is less than denying it when it is of our nature that exemplifies our honor and nobility as a species.

No comments: