Saturday, September 19, 2026

(#6439) 46 days until the election results

     Today the early voting starts in Vermont and Virginia according to https://www.vote.org/early-voting-calendar/. I am really getting excited for what should prove to be a large blue wave against the trump forces of tyranny and fascism. The pundits have been playing it close to the vest as to how they are predicting outcomes and that is pretty clear. I believe the outcomes will be even more disastrous for republicans than they are predicting. But it doesn't bother me to be wrong when I am sticking with my gut. Instead I am just gut punched when I am wrong like in 2000, 2016, and 2024. This year is different though. Instead of having previous republican candidates that nuanced their deceptions and never said the quiet part out loud, trump is blasting his demented ideas full blast without a filter.
     Which is why I expect the blue wave to be overwhelming. Beyond the projections, akin to Barack Obama numbers of 2008. Red states voting in democrats where republicans once held sway. Blue states decreasing their republican votes to a surprising minimum. the passion is all on the side of democrats this election along with the policies. There is too much bad happening under this national republican administration to be held in any decent esteem. The worst of our electorate will still be voting with republicans but they will not be joined in numbers like in 2024. Which to me will tip this election wildly toward democrats. Deservedly so since not only is foreign policy in tatters the economy is shrinking and very much unaffordable.
     As to the actual voting the fear is that the trump administration will still try to throttle the ideal of one person one vote. They will not let go of their unproven narrative of mail in vote inconsistencies even though every court in the land is telling them to let go of it. It isn't that the their mail in vote fallacy is proven, it is because it is their only feint possibility to control which legal citizens vote and don't vote and they don't like that. So still be wary of the postal service which is under the control of trump and his acolytes. I will do a mail in ballot but I will look at all options as to how to get that completed ballot to my county elections office. We all should do that as well, be cautious about the dearness of our vote. As to voting in person early I suggest everyone who isn't doing a mail in ballot look hard at voting early in person.

No comments: