Friday, July 13, 2012

Progress without expectation (#1260)

My day to day world is centered on improving my life and life in general around me. Little things that add up over the course of a lifetime can become quite significant. I have accepted the fact of my life that when I am doing something of a positive nature my life is generally a happy one. Regardless of the less than hopeful outcomes that occur, I still nonetheless, enjoy the activity of my life. I have accomplished this small feat, first and foremost from having learned that I cannot have an expectation of an outcome. All I can do is be the best at whatever it is that I am attempting and then move on to the next positive moment. I gain a sense of a peace of mind and a healthy mental attitude by not placing such burdens of expectation on myself. I learned this lesson through sharing equivalent experiences with other like-minded souls so I know this approach to living life is a successful one. Certainly I am never satisfied with outcomes that come up short of being the best they could be but that is not my control. If I had my control over things I wished to make better than yes, I would expect them to change exactly as I had hoped, yet I don't and neither does anyone else. All we can do is live a good life and in doing that, living to work for a better world is the ideal, at least for me. I have two diverse concurrent motivations in constant play, work for a better world and live a happy life. I can do both simultaneously by not having an expectation on the good work I am trying to accomplish. That way I don't carry around regrets or remorse for not trying and just focusing on my own happiness, and I do carry around the peace of mind and happiness that comes with trying and caring despite the less than hoped for outcome that is outside my control.

No comments: