Sunday, September 4, 2022

(#4963) Finding my peace in a world that fights me

      I am one of those who has great reverence for peace. I wish nothing but peace on those who would do the same. But our world is not full of those like us. Instead there are too many who are obsessed with causing strife and chaos. I suppose it can all be boiled down to a couple of things. First the inequality in our economic system drives too many to bitterness and disregard for peace. Second there are those who have mental disorders like psycho/sociopathic natures. The first we can change and make better, the second is not within our purview at the moment.
     When our societies are not being subdued into forms of subjugation then peace has a real chance to blossom. But when economics are so bad for so many and not for others the chasm between the two forms of existence creates a friction that will never allow peace to flourish. So we have to jigger our forms of opportunity in order to bring more into the possibilities for the pursuit of happiness. Because when it does reach the bottom line about peace, economics come front and center unless of course it is about keeping our democracy or trying to form one.
     I have lived long enough to know that the finances of our people are what keeps us in our comforts and necessities. The bare bones reality of a pursuit of happiness has to have a foundation of economic possibilities. If all I have to hope for is to just exist and nothing much more than that will not keep me in peace. It will instead stoke the flames of my discontent to no end. I am not born to live a life of servitude so that I can hopefully endure while others are exempt from any such worries. Contrary to what many think, life is not a game to be played with winners and losers. Sure it is that way now but the now is not what our hopes and dreams are based upon. Life is an experience to be shared with an equity to it that starts at all of our foundations.

No comments: