Wednesday, September 21, 2022

(#4980) Ok, last weather related post for awhile

      We here in Sacramento, and California generally, just went through one the the hottest spells of heat in a week we have ever had. Follow that up with a rain drenching storm that lasted all over California for two days, I can say that the weather is now turning to somewhat normal for this time of year. The temperatures the last two days have been in the mid seventies and for that I am grateful. But over the next week in Sacramento, if things hold to weather reports, the last of the 90 degree temperatures will play out before the end of  September. I am usually very excited about temps leaving the 100 degree plateau but now I get to add to that temps leaving the 110 degree plateau.
     It has been a hot and uncomfortable summer, so when the temps are going down my enthusiasm is going up. Life is much easier to live in when the temperatures are in the eighties and that is what is predicted for next month in October. Even better are temperatures in the seventies which November foretells. I have a Facebook friend who posts pretty much daily the time of light each day has. So when the days are getting shorter I again perk up and feel much more alive. Because shorter days means that the temperatures are going down. Now in December the temps are going to average in the fifties and although that is a bit cool it is easily managed.
     My big takeaway of this post is that the days of heat in the nineties is about a week away from being over and the eighty degree temps are on their way. You could probably tell from this post that I am an older person since I don't long for the summer months. That would be true because when I was young and willing to go anywhere and do anything that beat the heat and had lots of water I would be there. But those days of adventure are over for me so complaining about the heat is about all I can do about it except one very important thing.. I need to vote on November 8th for every democrat on the ballot so I can help us get a large enough majority to tackle climate change and stop the even more intense heat about to come our way.

No comments: