Tuesday, September 20, 2022

(#4979) Yesterdays rain was magnificent

      I know it is only rain I am talking about here but the feel of it coming down hard on my upraised face was precious. I don't know how many more times I will get to stand out in a deluge of rain coming down hard and just feel it on my face. I had often taken rain for granted and unconsciously cursed it for ruining my day of pleasure or outside work. But now well into the last half of my life I see rain as such a gift. Especially now with climate change bearing down on us hard. I even think about how many more times we here in California will get the expected totals during the lessening of our traditional rainy season.
     Is our future such that with climate change influencing weather patterns so much that a shift from about 20 inches a year here in Sacramento when I was growing up to lesser amounts is not an unreasonable assumption. We are smart enough to send men to the Moon but we can't seem too come together to adjust our way of life to protect our planet from heating up. It is a sad commentary that too many who are more concerned with dirty profits are winning the messaging war and keeping us on track to force our planet to punish us with coming harsh realities.
     What used to be a consideration for our future generations is now gone and those who are the political movers and shakers in our economic driven societies are indifferent to the future if it doesn't align with their needs now. As our planet continues toward a reckoning that is too far removed from many of us to imagine, here is a little reality. Our planet is going to get warmer. Shorelines on our coasts are going to go under water because the extra heat expands the water in the oceans which makes the oceans rise. We who are in previous fertile valleys are going to see less non salt water available for growing crops and prices will increase because of it. The ramifications of climate change are just being touched upon here but over time No one will need to be explained its effect because it will be right in front of everyone's face.

No comments: