Saturday, October 3, 2026

(#6453) 32 days until we see election results...

      Until the early voting states start releasing voter ballot returns it is difficult to surmise beyond assumption. I assume several things but with trump and musk it is difficult to be assured of any assumption.. So the only thing I can do is hope we get our vote out everywhere. My vote will be cast and those I can influence to vote are voting. So that is all I can say with any confidence today. When the early states do start reporting the number of early ballots returned is when assumptions can move into some likelihood. So for now we just wait. In the meantime I have marked my choices on the state propositions so that I am up on them. When my ballot does come I have all my choices preselected.
     On this coming Monday or Tuesday, California will begin mailing out our ballots. With over 27 million eligible voters here most of us will be getting the option of voting by mail. We have important propositions in the ballot that will assist and shape our state going forward. I expect that they will mostly all pass except the deceptive ones. Even though they appear to be helpful they are not! They are just another scheme to enrich the wealthy while stripping away rights from the rest of us. The republican party and their wealthy donors here in California have been such bad actors for so long that their pretzeled schemes to continue to act bad are quickly understood and soundly voted down. I expect the same this year.
     Of the 27.3 million eligible voters here in California I hope we see at least 24 million cast a ballot. I want more but realistically 24 million would be a convincing of a blue wave. This is a midterm election where historically the numbers are always lower than in presidential elections. Yet this specific election to curb and deny trump his audacious attacks on our democracy at home and abroad plus his economic and social manipulated chaos, will possibly make this election even greater in numbers than some presidential elections. It shouldn't matter if it is a presidential election or not. We the people need to vote overwhelmingly in every election as a duty to our constitution and aimed at our improving futures. That is my hope!

No comments: