Tuesday, October 6, 2026

(#6456) 29 days until election results...more states up for early voting

      Arizona, Indiana, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Montana, and Wyoming are in the early window frame for casting ballots. We are getting return numbers for early ballots already cast: https://www.cnn.com/politics/early-voting-2026-us-midterm-election-vis. With 1.3 million votes already returned back in the queue, we are starting to see that early voting is going to be significant. The expectation that about two thirds of all votes submitted this midterm will be cast during the early voting window is encouraging. Trying to glean information from this early voting will largely depend on the geography of votes turned in. Historical data will help as well in defining the possibilities.
     All I know for sure is that the early vote will be important to many of us. The mail in ballots are not easily tampered with while machine voting is less than ideal to me. I don't trust musk or those who would help him. My paper ballot is solid and I take a picture of it to keep a record of my vote and ballot number. I expect the voting machines will be accurate but I trust my paper ballot much more. I am not alone in this as to why early voting by mail is now so popular. It isn't that trump is against it even though he too votes by mail. It is because it is less possible to falsify. Anyway, I will be watching the early vote returns now with keen interest. For me generally, the more who vote early the better for our democracy.
     As we are now in the midst of this election I was thinking how important it is to our nation. Yet every election this century has felt like that. We as a society have been unable to get over the hump of electing republicans who are not good for we the people. I keep hoping that a lightbulb moment will happen and we do the correct thing and vote candidates in who actually want to improve on our lagging, equality, justice, fairness, liberty, and freedom within a paradigm where we the people are not harmed for being alive. The archaic class system and its rules need to be abolished and allow for clear clean democracy to fill the void. No one person is greater than any other one person so to begin with the field of life needs an equity foundation. If that is so controversial then we as a human beings are not worth being encompassed as an amazing species.

No comments: