Friday, October 9, 2026

(#6459) 26 days until we see election results...early vote totals about to rise significantly

      This morning more than 2.5 million early votes have been collected by the states that report their updates on returned ballots. Ballots went out in California 2 days ago but only a handful of the 23 million have been reported received back. I suspect a nefarious change in the postal rule that made postmarking ballots the same day they received them may have something to do with returned by postal service ballots getting to the local election offices. Yet, an influx of the ballots should be hitting the local elections offices shortly. It seems to me that the electorate this year understand the assignment. Get your vote done now and in as early as possible. I also am with a gut feeling the urgency of all to vote.
     There is no doubt in my mind that this midterm election will be the highest voting electorate ever for a midterm election and may well exceed several popular presidential voting elections. The reason being is that we have seen what damage a man of ill character and behavior can do to our democracy. Trusting that things are just fine and normal is not on the minds of anyone I know. With well over a third of our eligible voters not voting in 2024 we see now how easy it is for creatures like trump to manipulate a victory when he should never have been a viable option. That mistake both in 2016 and 2024 is now known and ready to be addressed in 26 days.
      I still hope to see over 100 million ballots cast in the early voting period. Whether that ambitious total appears is going to determine our intensity to get our votes in sooner than later. I do not trust anything involved with trump and his desperate attempts to salvage his last 2 years in the oval office. Which is why I encourage everyone to vote early where ever possible. Treating our ballot like the treasure it is should be all of our number one concern. My ballot is like a million dollars to me and I won't treat it like it has little value when it is more precious than money and power. It is who I am and nothing will deter me from voicing that fact!

No comments: