Sunday, January 14, 2018

I find my comfort in logic and common sense (#3271)

     When I was a young child I needed a furry animal or a blanket to make me feel comfortable. When I got older I needed religion to comfort me against the reality of life and death. As I got older and more in the know with knowledge and imagination I gave up all those symbols of comfort for the real deal, reality. I cannot change the truth of things nor the facts that support them. But what I can do is accept them and actually embrace them as the foundation of my existence. My earlier fear as a young child then a young adult has been tempered by the fact that we all will die either earlier or later than we think. So for me to salve my fears with the illusion of comfort was illogical and immature.
     Now many of you stalwart religious types will say hey! I am not childish nor immature in my belief of religion as the truth. But I would say back to you that I didn't say you were I was talking about myself. I only speak for myself because although we human species are generally all the same we are different as individuals in our perceptions of what is true and what is a hoped for truth. I am on the side of what is true and let the hoped for truth go with my childhood. Certainly somewhere in my core there is a sliver of a hope that all of this reality is some kind of test and that the test givers are in control. Yet I don't succumb to that thinking because logic tells me we are here alone in a Universe that is chaotic, yet evolving. I know this as it is represented by evidence every single second one wants to examine everything I know about that is tangible.
     So although my comfort in reality seems to you to be a hollow one I differ in that the truth of anything is my goal and that is what I live for, not an alternative. I know that we all must be a warrior in how we live our lives. We must take what this existence is offering without trying to make the nature of that offering into an illusion. The beauty of my accepting reality as my comfort is that I can only go forward as best prepared as I can. When the unknown strikes I am not taken by surprise since most of what is left for me to understand is the unknown. I don't struggle with whether something is in conflict with my belief system since my reality system has only struggle and overcoming as it's nature. That is the maturity I have come to embrace and embrace it I do since it is my only real form of comfort.

No comments: