Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Integrity, and it's price (#1285)

Nothing is for free, well except the air we breathe and that is slowly being contaminated so that it's free usage does have an increasingly corollary price. How we act though is free if we are determined to have integrity in our lives. None of us are who we were just a little while back into our past. We all change over time. Given that there are no legitimate arguments to us changing over time, we have the ability to calibrate our personal convictions and principles to reflect the ever-increasing information we are constantly receiving. Integrity is no different. When I was younger, I had less integrity about the things I could not understand, and over time I updated my integrity through becoming aware. I know this about myself, I am not an evil or bad person. I have done evil and bad things but not because that was my intent, it was because I was not informed about the repercussions of my aberrant behavior. All of us are susceptible to ignorance and it's consequences. If anything, the lack of some form of proper teaching and access to information has been the catalyst for many to have lost their way in the sphere of living up to their own expectations of themselves. Integrity has a price and it is paid for in the arena of knowledge. The more we know the more we can choose to live as we are best equipped to reason, analyze and conclude. Choices, which are calculated through what we know and how we represent our own principled convictions. Integrity is only one process we must apply to our actions, others which have to do with what we find in life as our purpose, serve to greater extent, our will to accomplish and the inherent search for happiness. Life is not a mundane drudgery, created to exist without value, it is instead a thrilling opportunity to invest in oneself the best of who we are and the best of what we can be.

No comments: