Monday, August 6, 2012

Love always finds a way (#1284)

I am no different than anyone else when it comes to evaluating whether a relationship can work or not. For me, first and foremost is the attraction factor. Do we both have an irresistible urge to be close to each other. If not, then the likelihood of an intimate relationship working out for me is zero. If the attraction is not coming from both than neither will a foundation be built. That is just the beginning however. From there we all go different ways in calculating whether a relationship will be successful. There are factors such as compatibility, economics, belief systems and other thoughtful tendencies that define what we see as our present and future. I am no expert at this relationship gig, my parents are a better example due to them recently celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, as an example. I, on the other hand, have not even been married once yet, and I am well into middle age. yet, I know why I haven't found the woman I have searched my whole life for. The reason is certainly not due to them being unattractive, but instead it is the other factors I have already described. In some way the ones I have had relationships with that started out with real possibilities, faltered due to some inability on my part to ameliorate myself in such behavioral ways necessary for both of us to continue to weigh our relationship as worthy. I have had to learn the hard way that despite the love that is felt, love without the proper action behind it to reflect it, has no hope. But like all things that come in the form of emotional pain, the hard lessons can be learned from and hope reminds me that love, when given and received with humility and consistency, makes areas necessary for compromise always the best option. Trial and error had been my guide because I refused to accept humility as my behavior. Lesson learned, and the hope that my next attempt to build a relationship will culminate in it being a successful one.

No comments: