Thursday, August 2, 2012

The myth of the human demigod (#1280)

A creature that exist only in the minds of those whose egos have grown larger than their ability to understand reality. It is a phenomenon attributable to those who see the world as their own playground, a world subservient to their whims and by-your-leaves. I bring this subject up because I am so appalled at how some people are convinced that they know what is best and in the hearts of the rest of us. It is interesting that they use power and control to convince us that what they think is far superior to what you and I think. I am all for expressing suggestions and opinions when asked, but not to forcing others to abide their lives by my suggestions or opinions. We all have a free will to experience and in that experiencing we will discover what is just right for our objectively arrived at convictions. I am not a robot who is subservient to some other person whose goal in life is to shape my life. I am a free individual who can form, reason, analyze and conclude my own concepts, without the help of those who would choose to conclude for me. I will not enable those who feel that their destiny in life is to be greater in reality than any of the rest of us. I appreciate a brilliant conversation or debate about the pressing needs of our society and how our behaviors within society are reflected. Certainly, information is power, however, that power must come from our own minds and the ability to think critically is our individual responsibility, as well as our duty to society. It is intolerant for any individual to want to purposely distort information for the sole purpose of advancing their deceptive agenda, because any agenda that relies on misinformation and deception has an ulterior motive written all over it. It always comes back to those whose egos have dominated their behavior in an out-of-balance proportion with their humility. Mental disorders are often reflected in delusions of grandeur and in some, like a demigod mindset, it is simply an extension of that.

No comments: