Monday, August 2, 2021

(#4566) My groggy mind still despises the republican party

      Still under the weather with this what appears to be a stomach virus. Other than the constant headache, most all of my fatigue and pain is in my stomach/guts area. So as I type this blog post out just remember that I am not fully engaged in my usual imperfect self. :) I haven't been watching or reading the news for several days but I have no doubt that the republican party has not reinvented itself into a group that cares about the working middle poor class. That is not in their DNA as far as I have seen. They are all about the wealthy and the prospects of themselves becoming wealthy.
     Greed and power are all republicans care about. They want their own to do well, look at the trumps, and they want to hold onto power, look at the trumps, so that they can skate through life easily off the backs of tens of millions of us who have been shut out of their game. Our democracy cannot survive if we do not crush this current republican party so when I hear that worthless pile of excrement mccarthy say that he would hit Nancy Pelosi with the gavel when he wins the House in 2022, I cringe, not so much at his excuse of a joke about hitting Nancy, we know he is a bully, but at the idea he would take her job.
     As currently is I know that the census will let a lot of republican legislatures rewrite legislative district boundaries beginning in a few months and that is how mccarthy envisions his advantage. I still do not give up on the idea of manchin and sinema aligning with the rest of the democratic party and creating an opportunity for the majority democratic party to pass voter protection legislation. I may be being optimistic but there it is. If not then the real hard work of getting every back out to vote in 2022 will have to go full bore. There can be no slippage in our majorities in the House or Senate if we are to finally achieve a presidential administration aimed at improving life for the working middle poor class.
     
     

No comments: